The Australian coins issued between 1914 and 1918 are authentic artefacts of the Great War, and form a tangible connection with the Aussie diggers fighting in the Middle East and Europe, with those on the homefront.
This six-coin set features a penny, a halfpence, a threepence, a sixpence, a shilling, and a florin coin. Each coin was struck between the years of 1914 and 1918.
The coins are packaged in an exclusive A5 sized display folder which includes information, facts and figures on Australia’s involvement in World War I as well as original imagery from the war.
- Penny: 97% Copper, 2.5% Zinc, 0.5% Tin
- Halfpenny: 97% Copper, 2.5% Zinc, 0.5% Tin
- Threepence: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Sixpence: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Shilling: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper
- Florin: 92.5% Silver, 7.5% Copper