Unfortunately we are unable to offer online access to Depository clients at this time. To open an account, please refer to the Certificate Program and Depository Program sections which can be found in the menu on the left of this page. A Depository account cannot be opened online. Should you require assistance or have a query regarding your account, please contact our office using the information contained in the Contact Depository Services section.
Public Holidays in Western Australia for 2014 (Office Closed)
- Labour Day - Monday 3 March
- Good Friday - Friday 18 April
- Easter Monday - Monday 21 April
- ANZAC Day - Friday 25 April
- Western Australia Day - Monday 2 June
- Queen's Birthday - Monday 29 September*
- Christmas Day - Thursday 25 December
- Boxing Day - Friday 26 December
Changes to Office Hours (Phone)
Our office is now open for transactions and enquiries by phone from 8 am to 5.30pm AWST. Please refer to the 'Contact Depository Services' section for more information.
Changes to PMCP Certificate Design
From 19 March 2013, The Perth Mint will issue Certificates with a slightly modified design. The new Certificates will feature:
1. The current Perth Mint logo watermark.
2. The listed Terms and Conditions have been condensed to make them easier to read and reflect the client agreement.
3. The signature page and instruction section on the back of the Certificate has been reformatted.
Should you have any questions regarding the new Certificate design please contact your Approved Dealer.
Viewing Your Metal Holding
It is essential to make a booking for your viewing. In addition to other clients collecting or viewing their allocated holdings, as a working Mint, other staff and services have access to the viewing areas. For security, only one viewing may take place at any given time.
If you are running late, please call our office on +61 8 9421 7250 to advise. Missed appointments will be rescheduled and this may be a day or so later.
As you are visiting The Mint, compliance with our security protocols are mandatory. This includes:
- Due to the necessity for appointment times, we require at least 3 business days’ notice for a viewing.
- Viewings of large metal holding will require more notice.
- You must inform The Mint of the names of all persons attending the viewing with you prior to the day of your appointment. If we do not have the ID of all persons on file, this documentation will need to be faxed or scanned.
- All persons attending The Mint must bring valid photo and signature ID with them.
- Persons without ID, or if The Mint has not received prior notification of their attendance will not be allowed entrance to the collection areas. This includes children.
- Photographs are not permitted.
- Clients are unable to view unallocated or pool allocated metal.
The Mint runs quarterly stock takes in order to meet our audit requirements. During this time a ‘lock down’ policy on all physical metal is adopted. This means that over the stock take period, metal cannot be viewed, shipped or collected. Stock take is typically carried out at the end of the following months:
Please contact our office for further information.
Kitco Precious Metals Approved Dealer Status June 2011
Gold Corporation (trading as The Perth Mint) wishes to advise that Kitco Metals Inc (“Kitco”) has requested that its Approved Dealer status be suspended temporarily. This action has been prompted by the appointment of RSM Richter Inc, at the behest of Kitco as Interim Receiver to Kitco. Gold Corporation has agreed to Kitco’s request, but stresses that this action should not be interpreted in any way as expressing any opinion whatsoever on the outstanding matter between L’Agence du Revenu du Quebec and Kitco.
Kitco clients wishing to sell existing PMCP holdings, or add to, or otherwise deal with such holdings, are reminded that they are able to transact through any of the Perth Mint’s Approved Dealers. Clients are also reminded that when they complete a purchase transaction and receive their Perth Mint Certificate, any risk they have to an Approved Dealer ceases. They now have a legal relationship with the Perth Mint for storage of their metal. Approved Dealers are involved only in facilitating transactions and do not have any ongoing involvement in the storage of, or a claim on, a client’s metal.
Unallocated SILVER metal sales cease from 1 May 2011 and a new Pool Allocated Silver product is launched.
Changes to Terms & Conditions from 1 May 2011.
Changes to Storage.
For a statement from the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the Perth Mint regarding operational issues, please click on this link.
For a statement from the Chief Executive Officer of the Perth Mint regarding email scams, please click on this link.
Clients should be aware that Gold Corporation may be required to provide certain transaction details under regulatory requirements to AUSTRAC.
A personal appointment can be made with a member of The Perth Mint Depository team to discuss precious metals investment options. Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm (AWST). Bookings are essential, so secure a consultation time by telephoning +61 8 9421 7250 (press 2 for Administration).