Please note the following procedures do not apply to clients of The Perth Mint’s Certificate (PMCP), Depository (PMDS) and Gold-quoted (PMG) programs.
Customer Buying Procedure:
TERMS & CONDITIONS for the purchase of bullion, via website, telephone or in person. Purchases can be made over the counter, by telephone 1300 201 112 (International + 61 8 9421 7428), or online at www.perthmintbullion.com The Perth Mint reserves the right to make changes to these conditions at any time, and encourages you to review them periodically. Please note the following procedures do not apply to clients of The Perth Mint's Certificate (PMCP), Depository (PMDS) and Gold-quoted (PMG) programs.
EFFECTIVE 30 AUGUST, 2012
Bank Details – Australian Dollars:
- Metal Purchase. Precious Metal is purchased on the buyer’s behalf and the metal price fixed at the time a customer order is placed either via telephone or over-the-counter at The Perth Mint, or by pressing the final ‘submit order’ button in the checkout within the website www.perthmintbullion.com.
- Binding Contract. A binding contract to purchase exists once the buyer agrees the price and places the buy order - either verbally by telephone or in person, or online via the ‘I accept the Terms and Conditions’ check box and the ‘Submit Order’ button. At this time, the buyer assumes all price exposure risk on the goods. A copy of the completed order confirmation & sales contract is immediately emailed or faxed to the buyer. When placing telephone orders, buyers are asked to sign and return this document within one hour to verify receipt. The contract to purchase is legally binding notwithstanding the non return of this document.
- Payment. Full payment in the specified currency is due within two (2) business days of placing an order in which the metal priced has been fixed. Non-payment will result in cancellation of the contract and recovery of costs from the buyer – see ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’ clause below. Orders of AUD100,000 or more (or equivalent currencies) cannot be placed on this website and must be transacted in person or by telephone. In these cases, a 10% deposit in cleared funds must be received prior to placing an order which fixes the metal price. For orders of AUD2,000,000 or more (or equivalent currencies) full payment in cleared funds must be received prior to placing an order which fixes the metal price. Funds in payment must originate from the verified customer’s account.
- Customer Identification. Under Australian law, The Perth Mint is required to be able to appropriately identify customers of bullion products. In the case of orders for bullion products placed via telephone or our website www.perthmintbullion.com, all customers must provide appropriate certified identification documents. These certified/notarized document copies including the certifier’s original signature, must be delivered to The Perth Mint by mail to satisfy this requirement prior to the establishment of a trading account and the despatch of any goods. Non-delivery of these ID documents by mail will result in cancellation of your trading account and recovery of any applicable fees and/or metal price losses under the ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’. Appropriate ID requirement for individuals is two certified/notarized photo ID documents (passport and driver’s licence) which give the customer’s full name, date of birth and residential address. ID requirements for all other entities, such as companies, trusts etc. are as specified in the Schedule of ID Requirements. In the case of orders for bullion products made in person for AUD5000 (or equivalent currencies) or more, appropriate customer ID is required before an order can be placed. The Perth Mint reserves the right to request additional customer identification information, at its discretion. Certified ID documents including the certifier’s original signature must be posted to The Perth Mint, Attn: Bullion Desk, PO Box 6297, East Perth, Australia WA 6892.
- Pricing. All prices quoted on Perth Mint websites are updated only during Perth Mint business hours Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays). These prices are indications of The Perth Mint’s retail prices and are not firm commitments to buy or sell at the indicated price. Prices will be confirmed at the time of purchase/sale. The Perth Mint cannot accept any liability for any loss suffered as a result of any action of any kind taken by any person based on this pricing information and reserves the right to decline any trade involving pricing or inventory errors caused by computer errors or malfunctions. Combined per unit prices quoted are made up of the metal content at the prevailing Perth Mint spot price plus manufacturing premium. The applicable metal price is noted on the Sales Contract. As metal is purchased on your behalf on placement of your order, fixing of the metal price in advance of payment is offered as a service to buyers on condition that all Terms & Conditions are met. The Perth Mint reserves the right to require full or part payment prior to fixing the price, as it sees fit.
- Goods and Services Tax (GST). GST is not charged on Bullion whether sold in Australia or overseas. For sales in Australia, GST is charged on freight and insurance. For sales overseas, where the product is exported, GST is not charged on freight and insurance, except if the products are not exported within 60 days of order.
- Deliveries in Australia. Orders under AUD30,000 are delivered by TOLL Priority courier door-to-door. Orders over AUD30,000 and under AUD60,000 where no single item exceeds AUD30,000 are delivered by TOLL Priority courier, in two or more shipments delivered on non-consecutive days. In the case of a single item exceeding AUD 30,000 or orders with total exceeding AUD 60,000, the buyer may opt for delivery by TOLL Priority with an insurance waiver or delivery by Armoured Carrier. Photographic ID (passport or driver's license) and signature from the person receiving the parcel are required for all deliveries. Only the customer or a person appointed during the purchase will be able to receive the parcel. Customers will be notified when the order has been despatched and the expected delivery date. If the person shown on the consignment note is not available to receive your parcel, a courier card with contact details will be left for you to arrange a re-delivery or collection of the item within 7 days free of charge. If no action is taken after this period, the items will be returned to The Perth Mint and it will incur return freight fees. Additional fees may be incurred for a new delivery. Orders sent by Armoured Carrier are only delivered to verified business addresses, no delivery will be made to residential addresses in any case. An alternate consignee's full name and telephone number must be provided to The Perth Mint in writing if the customer is to be represented by this person at the time of delivery by Armoured Carrier. Photographic ID and signature also applies to this person.
- Insurance. Australian buyers are offered delivery Insurance on payment of a optional premium, up to a value of AUD60,000 to a maximum of AUD30,000 per shipment per day where no single item exceeds AUD30,000. If any one item exceeds AUD30,000 you must agree to an insurance waiver. Buyers opting to decline insurance must check the appropriate Insurance Waiver liability acceptance button during the website checkout process or sign and return an Insurance Liability Waiver on the Sales Contract. The acceptance of Insurance Waiver liability in checkout or the return of a signed Insurance Liability Waiver is acceptance that The Perth Mint is not liable for any loss during transit. By choosing not to pay for insurance, the customer will be liable for any loss under any circumstances. Selected delivery methods automatically include insurance premiums – these will be noted. A signed acceptance of delivery at the consignment address will be deemed as completed delivery. Any claim for lost goods must be made within 48 hours of despatch.
- Despatch. The Perth Mint will endeavour to despatch bullion orders the day after receipt of full payment in cleared funds. In the event of high demand, delivery delays could occur. The Perth Mint accepts no liability for any losses incurred in the event of delayed deliveries.
Physical collections from The Perth Mint Shop: Neither The Perth Mint Shop staff nor the security guards can assist clients with collections back to their motor vehicles. Some collections may be heavy so clients may need to make alternative arrangements. The Perth Mint shop staff will be able to give full details and further instructions as to how to collect from The Perth Mint Shop by calling 1 300 366 520.
- Contract Completion Guarantee – All applicants registering to trade online at www.perthmintbullion.com must provide a ‘Contract Completion Guarantee’ with the provision of the buyer’s credit card, on registration and when placing the order. In the event of non-completion of the terms of the Sales Contact by the buyer resulting in the cancellation of the contract, an administration fee of AUD150 plus any losses incurred by The Perth Mint in the liquidation of metal held on behalf of the client, will be charged to the credit card. Any gains resulting from liquidation of metal will not be remitted to the client. Orders for bullion products made via telephone within Australia for AUD5,000 or more must also be guaranteed with the provision of the buyer’s credit card. The credit card must be current and in the name of the buyer. The credit card provided for this Guarantee is not authorised for any other charge or payment.
- Deposits. Orders over AUD100,000 or equivalent currency value require the payment of 10% deposit in cleared funds prior the fixing of prices and acceptance of the order, and must be placed via telephone. A deposit may also be requested in other circumstances regardless of the order value, at Perth Mint’s discretion.
- Returns. No returns of Bullion are accepted.
- Buy-back. The buy-back from a customer of bullion product which has yet to be paid for or delivered will not be undertaken. Buy-back of undelivered bullion may be undertaken only if the original purchase has been paid in full with cleared funds (delay of 7 working days applies).
- Payment Methods.
- Telegraphic Transfer (TT), Wire Transfer or Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) – clearance period 2 working days
- Direct Bank Account Deposit - clearance period 7 working days
- Cheque/Money Order/Bank Cheque - clearance period 7 working days
- BPay (Australia only) – clearance period 2 working days - Biller Code: 24554. Your Reference Number will be quoted on your contract.
1) All cheque types maximum value accepted AUD10,000, in Australian Dollars only.
2) Prices will not be backdated to the time client’s funds appear in The Perth Mint’s bank account – the next working day is used.
3) The Perth Mint is not liable for any delays in receipt of clients’ funds into its bank account or lack of notification thereof.
4) The Sales Order number must be quoted as a reference when transferring or depositing funds so we can identify your payment and ensure that your funds are allocated correctly.
- Trading Hours. Trading hours applicable online at www.perthmintbullion.com are normal Perth Mint trading hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Perth time (GMT +8 hours) Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Orders for bullion will be accepted by telephone between the same hours (telephone orders require the return of the signed Sales Contract by 5.00pm).
- Security. The website www.perthmintbullion.com employs various security procedures including but not limited to: identity verification, address checking, computer IP address verification and credit card screening. All telephone orders are recorded.
- Advice. The Perth Mint does not provide investment or taxation advice. Customers consult their own advisors for guidance and recommendations on these issues.
- Jurisdiction. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Western Australia.
Please transfer the contract amount, quoting your order number in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS (AUD) only – payment to this account will not be accepted in any other currency.
|| GOLDCORP AUSTRALIA|
|| WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION|
|| 036 000|
|| 810 403|
Customers outside Australia require the following additional Bank details:
|Bank Identifier Code:
|| WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION PERTH WA 6000 AUSTRALIA|
EFFECTIVE 30 AUGUST, 2012
YOUR OBLIGATIONSIn using this website you agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration/checkout form for your account information and (b) maintain and promptly update that information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current and future use of this site.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Any conduct by you that in our sole discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this site will not be permitted. You may view, download, and print material on this site for non-commercial personal use only. Otherwise, you may not publicly display, perform, transmit, list, modify, reproduce, distribute, participate in the transfer or sale of, make derivative works from, upload or otherwise use any of this site's content or the selection, arrangement or coordination of its content.
You may not transmit, post, or distribute anything that is obscene, libellous, abusive, vulgar, threatening, discourteous or otherwise objectionable, violates any law or rights of any party, or a virus or other harmful material. Users are solely liable for any damage resulting from any infringement of rights or other harm resulting from such submissions.
You may not use this site for trading, sales or commercial purposes other than for making purchases from the Mint.
Termination of Use
You are free to copy material on this website for non-commercial personal use only. All material, including internet pages, documents and on-line graphics, audio and video, are protected by copyright law. Copyright resides with The Perth Mint. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review, as permitted under the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced or re-used for any commercial purposes without written permission of The Perth Mint.
Material on this site is purely for informational purposes, and there is no intention to provide any advice whatsoever to any person, and should not be used as a substitute for professional or industry advice. No reliance whatsoever should be based on any material on this site by any person in formulating any investment decision. Under no circumstances will the Perth Mint be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or damage suffered by any person as a result of any investment decision which resulted from formulating and acting upon any material on this site. The Perth Mint is committed to quality service to its customers and makes every attempt to ensure accuracy, currency and reliability of the data contained in these documents. However, changes in circumstances after the time of publication may affect the quality of this information.
Material accessible from any sites cross referenced in no way implies that the Perth Mint recommends or endorses the material contained in those sites cross referenced. The Perth Mint has no control over the content of material accessible on any sites cross-referenced. Accordingly, it is the responsibility of internet users to make their own decisions about the relevance or accuracy, currency and reliability of information found on those sites.
Customer Selling Procedure Bullion Bars and Coins
TERMS & CONDITIONS: Customers sales of bullion bars and coins to the Perth Mint can be made over the counter or by telephone (interstate or international customers only, local customers need to come in person to The Perth Mint).
- Customer Identification. All customers must provide, acceptable identification before a contract can be initiated by The Perth Mint. For over the counter transactions the customer must provide a minimum of one photo ID document which gives the customer’s full name, date of birth and current residential address. For telephone transactions, certified ID documents must be posted to The Perth Mint, PO Box 6297, East Perth, WA 6892 with the original signature of the certifier. Certified ID requirements for individuals is two certified photo ID documents (passport and driver’s licence) which give the customer’s full name, date of birth and residential address. ID requirements for all other entities, such as companies, trusts etc. are as in the Schedule of ID requirements.
- Sales over $100,000. All transactions over $100,000 will require the goods to be received and verified by The Perth Mint before a price will be agreed.
• Once the goods have been received and verified by The Perth Mint, we will quote a price and if the customer agrees a contract will be initiated by The Perth Mint. Please note that The Perth Mint will not ‘back date’ prices to the time you first contacted The Perth Mint or sent the goods.
• The Perth Mint will not be liable for any delay in your goods arriving or delay/failure to contact you.
• It is only when the price is agreed between both parties that a contract will be valid.
- Sales under $100,000. Goods under $100,000 in value must be received by The Perth Mint within two (2) business days of the transaction date.
- Local transactions. Clients can present their bullion at The Perth Mint Bullion Trading Room from Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm (WST) to fix a price. Bullion trading is not conducted on the weekends and Western Australian Public Holidays.
Physical deliveries to The Perth Mint Shop: The Perth Mint Shop staff will be able to give full details and further instructions as to how to make deliveries to The Perth Mint Shop by calling 1 300 366 520.
- Intrastate/Interstate Transactions Purchase Order/Contract. If the sale has been conducted by telephone the purchase order details will be faxed or emailed to you. The Perth Mint will only conduct telephone transactions from Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm (WST) excluding Western Australian public holidays. Once a price has been agreed over the telephone, it is fixed and you will be given a purchase order number. The purchase order thus becomes a binding contract between you and The Perth Mint.
- Return of Signed Purchase Contract. The purchase contract must be signed and returned within 60 minutes of the verbal agreement to finalise all arrangements. As the verbal contract is already legally binding a Non-Completion Guarantee provision (see 3 below) will apply in the event you do not complete the contract, irrespective of whether you return this signed contract document.
- Contract Completion Guarantee. Bullion sales by you, when conducted by telephone, must be guaranteed with the provision of your credit card details before entering into this contract. The metal being sold to us by you has been fixed on the precious metals market and you have assumed all exposure to price fluctuations. In the event of non-completion of the terms of this contract by you and upon cancellation, an administration fee of $150 plus any losses incurred by The Perth Mint in the reversal of the transaction which has been fixed on the market on your behalf will be charged to your credit card. Any gains resulting from liquidation of bullion will not be remitted to you. The credit card provided for the Guarantee is not authorised for any other charge or payment.
- Postage of Bullion and Insurance Arrangements. The bullion under contract must be posted to The Perth Mint on the day that the contract has been entered into. The maximum insurance cover per parcel is $15,000. In order to be covered by insurance, the parcel must be posted using Platinum Express and for security purposes it must be addressed to Mrs L Oakley, 310 Hay Street, East Perth 6004. ‘The Perth Mint’ must not be written in the address space, as this will invalidate the insurance cover. Any value over $15,000 will not be covered by The Perth Mint when using Platinum Express. Purchases over $15,000 will require a different method of shipment in order to be fully insured. You will need to contact The Perth Mint in this regard. Please ensure you include the completed Perth Mint transaction form with your bank details: Bank name, branch, BSB, account number and account name. Download the Deposit Form Bullion and Local Jewellery.
- Delivery of goods to The Perth Mint. If the goods fail to arrive due to you the client not shipping the bullion, The Perth Mint reserves the right to revoke the transaction and recover any losses (see point 8 above). We will call you before taking this action.
Payments by The Perth Mint. Payments for sales to The Perth Mint are only made by direct credit to the person(s) or company whose name appears on the purchase contract. No third party transactions are allowed. Funds are transferred by The Perth Mint to your nominated bank account on the second business day after receipt and verification of the goods. Please check with your bank if you have queries regarding availability of the funds. The Perth Mint will not be held liable for delays in funds reaching your bank account.
- Payment by Cash. The Perth Mint does not pay out cash.