The Perth Mint fascinates all age groups and is particularly educational, with many links to the curriculum framework. School groups interested in discovering more about Western Australia’s gold history, the gold mining industry, and precious metal coining, should consider The Perth Mint for their next visit. On a visit to The Perth Mint, students can:
- see the world’s largest collection of gold investment bars gleam from the darkness of the 1899 vault;
- watch molten gold being poured in time-honoured fashion to form a gleaming 6 kilogram gold bar within the Mint’s original Melting House;
- see the world’s largest gold coin made from 1 tonne of pure gold;
- handle more than $700,000 worth of gold bullion;
- view Australia’s greatest collection of natural gold nuggets, including the 820-ounce Newmont’s Normandy nugget, the second largest nugget in the world still in existence;
- take part in an entertaining and informative guided heritage walk;
- experience the excitement of the early gold rushes;
- see the harsh conditions endured by prospectors seeking their fortunes in the reconstructed 1890 prospectors’ campsite;
- discover the value of their weight in gold;
- see millions of dollars worth of precious metal coins and medallions being struck; and mint their own medallion.
School Group Information
Download The Perth Mint's Excursion Information for School Groups here.
A Special Offer for Schools
Two of Perth city’s top school excursion destinations, The Perth Mint and The Bell Tower have joined together to present a fantastic offer for schools – entry to both historic attractions for only $9.00 per student!
To take advantage of this incredible offer and to make a school group booking for both attractions, please call our friendly team on 08 6210 0444 or email email@example.com
Activities for Primary School Children
Download Excursion Worksheet here.
Download Word Search Activities here.
Download Colouring In Pages here.
Teacher’s Feedback Form
We appreciate feedback from visiting teachers. Download The Perth Mint's Teacher's Feedback Form here.
|School Booking Inquiries
08 9421 7223