The capital city of Western Australia, Perth is situated on the banks of the graceful Swan River, offering easy access to the nearby Indian Ocean. Blessed with a superb climate that makes visiting a pleasure at any time, Perth is a modern, clean and attractive city offering an astounding choice of activities and adventure.
Our list of Top Ten Activities reflect many of the simplest, yet most treasured pastimes enjoyed by people who live in and visit Perth.
Top Ten Activities
- Swim at any of Perth's unspoilt Indian Ocean beaches
- Take a leisurely cycle around car-free Rottnest Island
- Picnic in magnificent King's Park and Botanic Garden
- Make a catch at any of Perth's favourite fishing spots
- Quaff award winning wines in the Swan Valley
- Absorb history in the heritage precinct of Fremantle
- Get close to nature while bushwalking in the Perth Hills
- Shop 'til you drop in Perth City's many shopping malls
- Enjoy top entertainment, art and nightlife in Northbridge
- Feast in Perth’s profusion of alfresco, waterside and classic dining eateries
Perth is served by leading international airlines and domestic carriers including Qantas, VirginBlue and SkyWest. Alternatively, the famous Indian Pacific transcontinental railway service connects Sydney and Adelaide with Perth.
Getting around Perth couldn't be easier. Serviced by major car hire and taxi companies, Perth metro has an extensive rail, bus and ferry network operated by Transperth.
Other useful information for visitors can be found at:
Discover more of Perth Mint and nearby Perth Accommodation on